LizzietheSarcasticBlonde

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

Just getting myself ready here in case I leave Goodreads
City of Bones  - Cassandra Clare Unlike everyone else, I didn't fall in love with this book. I feel bad becks it was a great book and idea, but I only liked and enjoyed it. It sucked me in, but not for the entire book.

I just need to say something about the movie. I don't like the actor for Jace. He just doesn't look that handsome to me. Frankly, I think that he just looks plain creepy. But I guess his hair matches the hair on the cover... And I don't really like the actress for Clary. She supposed to have reddish hair and I imagined her shorter. I just feel like the movie will disappoint me.

Back to the book!

It was really cool. There were a few twists and turns and surprises! But I accidentally kinda ruined one of the suprises for me. So when I was supposed to be disgusted and surprised, I felt kinda calm knowing that it wasn't true. I feel bad, but it's better than feeling nasty.

Clary
She was good. Not the best female lead, but she was OK. She was kinda annoying with her fawning over Jace and then going to Simon. I'm personally kinda Team Simon cause I thought Jace was annoying.

Jace
He was really rude to Clary and thought he was better than her. That's annoying and douche-y. He had feelings for Clary, but he refused to show them because of his oh-so troubled past. Yet another boy who's scared to show his true feelings.

Simon
I like him better than Jace because he wasn't rude to Clary. He really cared about her and even though he couldn't do much to protect her, he still tried. Way to go, nerd boy!! So cute!

Overall, this book was good. Is it a favorite? I'm not so sure yet. I think I need to read some more of the series before I can decide. I can't wait to see what happens next and see if Clary learns to be a Shadowhunter and what happens between Clary and Jace!

For this review and more, go to my blog Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde