LizzietheSarcasticBlonde

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

Just getting myself ready here in case I leave Goodreads
Glitch - Heather Anastasiu I wanted to love this book. I really did. The description sounded great and the cover is absolutely beautiful. How can you not love the covers and the fonts? The tiny details are so beautiful. It's stunning. I loved the description: personal thoughts and emotions are bad, the main character develops telekinetic powers, and she meets two boys she's attracted to and they both have powers.

Thing is, I couldn't love it. I'm not sure if I can exactly put my finger on it, but there was something that I just didn't really like. Maybe it was the main character's name, Zoel. I didn't know how to pronounce it. Was it Noelle as in the Christmas thing? Or was is pronounced like Joel, as in Joel McHale? So confused. Some of the other names bugged me, too. Like Molla and Adrien. It's like the author took names and then changed a letter to make it "creative."

I also want to say that Max was REALLY creepy. I know that he was getting all hormonal, but he didn't need to be a perv. He tried to force Zoe to have sex with him. And when she wasn't interested, he decided to go screw Molla, who was a year younger, and got her preggers. Then Molla is convinced that Max loves her, even though he still has feelings for Zoe.

I'm not sure how to react. Let me experiment with a few.

description

I think they are all pretty fitting. Then there was some random dude with the power of music-ness and such and his name was Pablo/Jose/some stereotypical Spanish name. I'm not even sure what else to say.

Zoe
She was really annoying. I don't know what to say. It just seemed like there wasn't much to her.

Adrien
He was OK. I thought that it was nice that there was a guy that blushed and stuff. There also wasn't much to him.

Max
He was a super creeper. He should not be allowed around young girls. He's like Edward Cullen.

Molla
Stupid name. REALLY stupid name. Pathetic, annoying, dumb. Maybe she'll have a miscarriage or die during childbirth.

Overall, this book was OK. It was a real letdown. I wanted to love it so badly. But I couldn't. So sad. I probably will read the next two books. I want to know what happens and the covers are pretty. I have no self-control.

For this review and more, go to Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde