LizzietheSarcasticBlonde

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

Just getting myself ready here in case I leave Goodreads
The Selection - Kiera Cass I originally gave this book 4 out of 5 stars. Then I heard about how the author, Ms. Cass and her publisher or someone saying really mean things about a reviewer on Goodreads (I follow her reviews). That caused me to drop my rating. They were going back and forth on Twitter calling this reviewer rude names and saying that they would like all of the 4 and 5 star ratings. Wow. I already get kind of annoyed when authors give their books 5 stars. It's like "DUH. Oh course you're gonna give it 5 stars. You WROTE it!!!" But, this was disgusting. And I was really excited to read this book. But this author made me not like it so much. Ugh. People are stupid.

Anyways... onto the review.

I thought this book had a cool idea. But it made me think of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, and I hate those shows. America, the main character, was OK. She complained a lot. I guess it makes sense, she was a lower class citizen, but she still complained when she was doing fine at the palace.

Make up your mind girl!!

description

It was a really cool idea and I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't. I'm not sure what else I can really say. The cover was beautiful, but the author and the writing didn't reach the beauty of the outside.

America
I got so annoyed by her. I couldn't stand all of her whining and complaining. And the fact that she expected Maxon to keep her their so that her family could get money seemed unrealistic. I doubt anyone would actually do that. I felt like she was using Maxon, and he was totally fine with it cause he thought she was hot.

Maxon
The prince of Illea (which is a combination of Canada, the US, and Mexico... I think) who's trying to find his wife out of a selection (hahaha) of 35 girls. So he's pretty much the guy in The Bachelor. He gets to do whatever he wants and stuff with all the girls, then chooses whether or not to let them stay. He just really annoyed me. I'm not sure how to describe it, but he just did.

Aspen
The boy who America planned to marry before she became one of the 35 girls. He is in the class below her and decides that he doesn't want to marry her because he thinks that she deserves better. I get so annoyed when guys or girls push the other away because they feel like they aren't good enough, even when the other person still wants to be together. Why do they always to that? So confused.

Overall, this book was OK. It had it's positives and negatives like any other book. I'm just really dissapointed by the authors behavior, I feel that they need to be well-behaved in public. She could complain about it in private. NOT on a social media network.

Read this review and more at my blog, Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde