LizzietheSarcasticBlonde

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

Just getting myself ready here in case I leave Goodreads
SPOILER ALERT!
The Katerina Trilogy, Vol. I: The Gathering Storm - Robin Bridges

I've discussed my love for all things Russian, so I had high hopes for this book. Imperial Russia, zombies, I was in love! I got a little worried while reading the book. There were some slow points, but they did pick up! Zombies/undead were brought up pretty soon. We learn about how Katerina first got her necromancer powers and how she's scared of them.

I could tell right away that there was going to be a love triangle, but I was totally cool with it for once. Usually it's just two hot guys, but this one had one guy representing good and the other evil. It shows how Katerina could use her powers for good and protect the Imperial family, or use them to hurt others and join a family of vampires. There were so many twists and turns that it was sometimes hard for me to predict what would happen next!

Katerina

I thought she was a great character. Although I didn't always agree with the choices she made, she always made these choices with the safety of her friends and family in mind. I loved her attitude. She wasn't afraid to make other people mad.

George

At first he's repulsed by Katerina's necromancing powers, but he eventually grows to love her. Plus he's a son of the Tsar, so that's not too shabby.

Danilo

The other boy in the love triangle, he's the one that represents all things dark and evil. He's the son of a far off country's king and will soon become a vampire. His younger sister, Elina, who is Katerina's age, sets her and her brother up. He pretends to love Katerina, but only is interested in her for her powers.

Elina

Although her brother is a vampire, she and the rest of her sisters and witches. She uses various spells and potions to hurt others and get what she wants.

Dariya

Katerina's cousin and best friend. When she learns about Katerina's powers, she is completely accepting and doesn't find her repulsive. She is also against Katerina's relationship with Danilo, as his sister, Elina, poisoned and almost killed herself.

Overall, this book was great and was gave me a Russia fix! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!!