LizzietheSarcasticBlonde

Lizzie the Sarcastic Blonde

Just getting myself ready here in case I leave Goodreads
SPOILER ALERT!
Everneath - Brodi Ashton

I read mostly good to great reviews about this book, so I had really high hopes. The cover was also beautiful and the idea sounded cool. Fortunately this book didn't let me down. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop. I had to find out what happened next!

I was a little confused at points when I was trying to connect what happened and what was happening. But the entire time I felt so bad for Nikki. She regrets running to Cole and wishes she never did that. Because of what she did, she can't be with her family, friends, or boyfriend. When she comes back after the six months of being gone, everything has changed. Her best friend doesn't know how to interact with Nikki, her boyfriend wants to reconnect but doesn't know how to, and her family (father and little brother) want sher to stay. But she can't, she only has six months and then she has to leave again.

Nikki

She meets Cole through some of her friends. She's sort of attracted to him, but isn't interested. But she runs to him because she thinks that Jack, her boyfriend, is cheating on her. He tells her that he can get rid of the pain, so she follows him to the Everneath, the underworld. When she wakes up after six months, she regrets everything she had done. She runs away from Cole to go back home. But he follows her home and tells her that she has to come back to him in six months. When she has to go back, Jack sacrifices himself so she doesn't have to go.

Jack

I had a love-hate relationship with him. Sometimes he'd want to fix his relationship with Nikki, and then he wouldn't want to talk to her. But at the end of the book he shows that he really does care by sacrificing himself to save her.

Cole

I also had a love-hate relationship with him, too. It seemed like he really did care about Nikki, but it also seemed like he was using her at times. He wanted her so he could become more powerful.

Overall, I thought it was great. It showed the pain that Nikki was going through when she was just trying to be happy. It also shows the consequences of what she did and how she's trying to make everything better. It also helps that the cover is beautiful and I REALLY want that dress!!